These projects demonstrate the variety of services and support we can offer to our clients, from business assessment to crisis support management to strategic planning and beyond. Often projects adapt and scale as they progress; we are prepared and experienced to be able to adapt with you.
Capital Improvement Program Assessment
Government of U.S. Virgin Islands – Bureau of Corrections
In the aftermath of the 2017 hurricanes Irma and Maria, the U.S. Virgin Islands Bureau of Corrections faced severe challenges in managing their capital improvement projects and was seeking professional services to implement a project management office.
This was a critical time for the U.S. Virgin Islands Bureau of Corrections. That is why getting started with a forward-looking strategy is important – one that delivers construction projects on–time and within budget to ensure the economic, social and environmental benefits are achieved as planned.
We completed an initial assessment to assist USVI Bureau of Correction in developing their construction project portfolio. The engagement established a broad view of the project portfolio to put the whole construction management project on transparent and solid footing for everything that is to follow.
Work entailed the following:
- Defined project prioritization criteria
- Gathered and centralized data using standard tools
- Developed project plan for Phase 1 implementation
Strategic Planning, Program Development, Cultural Sensitivity Training
In the aftermath of hurricanes Irma and Maria, AECOM was selected to offer free home repairs to 10,000 USVI homeowners through the Emergency Home Repair (EHRVI) program. AECOM seeks to increase participation and fix every home that is approved for EHRVI. Meeting the goals of this program will enable gain the community’s trust to help meet the needs of re-building a more resilient territory.
We provided Strategic Planning, Advocacy, Training Needs Assessment & Curriculum Development support.
- Performed situation analysis and facilitated strategic planning sessions with AECOM senior leaders to address community engagement issues, develop mitigation plans, and identify opportunities to improve customer satisfaction.
- Organized public broadcast live radio interview on WSTA 1340AM. Radio station received high volume of calls during interview.
- Set-up Town Hall featuring AECOM with key stakeholders in the community. Video posted on Facebook (WTJX).
- Our team was on-call 24/7, responding to calls and texts to connect AECOM leaders with USVI community influencers.
Training Needs Assessment & Curriculum Development
- We engaged AECOM project management, case management and communications leads to perform a needs assessment for cultural sensitivity training targeting EHRVI construction supervisors
- Developed cultural sensitivity training curriculum for construction supervisors and inspection leads
Crisis Management Support
We were contacted to help APTIM manage a sudden and significant negative media event in the U.S. Virgin Islands that threatened to damage the company’s reputation and relationships with stakeholders.
A local team of our experts collaborated closely with APTIM leadership utilizing available research and relationships across the territory to deliver results. Based on our assessment of the crisis and findings, Yorel & Associates developed an action-oriented plan.
Key project deliverables included the following:
- Executive Briefings
- Crisis Management Report
- Public Relations
- Communications Analysis
- Political Analysis
The Mangrove Hotel & Training Institute
The Mangrove is a start-up ECO-Boutique Hotel & Training Institute in U.S. Virgin Islands with a philosophy that entails putting guests first, pursuing excellence, embracing change and acting with integrity.
We delivered the following services to help transform The Mangrove Hotel & Training Institute vision into reality:
- Delivered a two-year strategic roadmap and a 90-day plan
- Developed management structure including job descriptions, HR policy and recruitment strategy
- Strengthened the product mix and go-to-market strategy
My Haiti Travels
My Haiti Travels (MHT) is a Caribbean tourism company that provides an annual program for travelers seeking to celebrate, explore and support Haiti.
We are providing program management and branding support to plan and market MHT’s signature group trip each year. We have helped increase capacity to service travelers and expand the My Haiti Travels brand. With our guidance and support, MHT has brought over 250 people to Haiti since 2012 and has established social media brand that reaches over 25,000 followers daily.
Florita is a landmark hotel located in Jacmel, Haiti. Part of a well-known hotel brand and some of the most dedicated and loyal staff in the region, the hotel has a family-based foundation and a smart and capable staff leveraging limited resources into amazing accommodation.
We performed a strategic assessment highlighting specific areas to improve hotel operations and enhance the guest experience. The findings and recommendations contained in the final report were written in collaboration with feedback from guests and other staff members. In an effort to accomplish the improvements highlighted in the report, we recruited staff to work at Hotel Florita to support the General Manager in day-to-day activities and implementing improvements outlined in the report.